EXOSOMES IN RIVERSIDE, CA
What Are Exosomes?
If you’re experiencing hair loss, thinning, or balding, or if you have had a hair restoration treatment in the past and are now noticing thinning in the previously treated hair, then you may be a candidate for exosome therapy. This treatment is a groundbreaking method that can help this condition without the need for surgery, scarring, or a long recovery time. Exosome therapy is an alternative to PRP that doesn’t require blood drawn from the patient. Exosomes are responsible for cell-to-cell communication and for facilitating the exchange of RNA and other important proteins between cells (e.g. fibroblasts, keratinocytes, immune cells, etc.), in addition to transferring numerous growth factors and cytokines and genetic materials that have shown signs of tissue repair and improving skin cells. At Bloom Aesthetics Riverside, our team is trained in this unique procedure and recommends it for many patients in Riverside, CA.
What Are The Benefits Of Exosomes?
Many patients in Riverside, CA find there are several benefits to exosome therapy for hair loss. A few of the primary benefits of this cutting-edge treatment include:
- Promotes hair follicle growth
- Stimulates the growth of new blood vessels, which are essential for hair follicle nourishment
- Reduces inflammation of the scalp
- Protects hair follicle stem cells from damage
Who is a Candidate for Exosome Therapy?
Potential candidates for exosome therapy for scalp treatment could include:
- Individuals experiencing hair thinning or hair loss: This could be due to age, hormonal changes, or certain medical conditions or treatments. People with androgenetic alopecia or other forms of alopecia may be particularly interested in this therapy.
- People who have not responded well to other treatments: Some individuals might not see results from other hair loss treatments, such as minoxidil or finasteride, and could consider exploring exosome therapy.
- Those willing to try emerging treatments: Since this is a relatively new area of research, candidates would likely be individuals open to trying cutting-edge medical treatments and who understand the potential risks and benefits associated with such treatments.
How Do Exosomes Work?
Exosome therapy is a minimally invasive treatment that is performed at our Riverside, CA office. The length of the procedure will depend on the size of the affected area, but it shouldn’t take longer than a couple of hours. During your session, we’ll carefully inject exosomes into your scalp using a small needle. A local anesthetic can be applied to the treatment area to minimize any pain and ensure your comfort throughout the procedure. Once complete, you may notice some redness around the treatment areas, but this should go away after a couple of days. Patients may return to their typical schedules following their exosome therapy.